We are creating the first-ever Team HMF, a group of 20 women and men that frequent the regional race scene while encouraging and inspiring those around them. Team HMF members will train and race their planned 2014 schedules. They will be provided perks and benefits for helping spread awareness about their experiences at events as well as the programs and services HMF offers to support runners. We want the team to be accessible to the HMF community via social media, so runners can not only follow their progress but also ask them questions and learn from the team’s experiences to help improve their running.
Team HMF members will be selected based on past participation in Hartford Marathon Foundation events, social media activity and influence, community involvement and geographic location around the region including CT, MA, NJ, NYC and PA.
Applications are being accepted online through March 20, perks for the 20-member Team HMF include:
- Team HMF running uniform (race singlet, technical shirt and shorts)
- Running shoes
- Timex watches
- Free entry to five Hartford Marathon Foundation events in 2014
Applications will be reviewed and the roster of Team HMF members will be announced by March 28. Activities of the team include:
- Training and racing in Hartford Marathon Foundation apparel
- High level of social media activity and interaction to include regular updates and photo posts
- Hosting a fun run, shakeout run or other group activity (HMF will support logistics and promotion of activity)
- Competing in races throughout the region
To be considered for Team HMF, please fill out on the online application form between today and March 20. Please contact HMF via Facebook.com/HMFevents or Twitter @runHMF with questions or for more information.