Global Running Day - we couldn’t think of a more perfect day to kick-off celebrations for the 25th running of the Eversource Hartford Marathon! This Global Running Day (Wednesday, June 6), we will use all of our energy and rally together to foster our love of running to benefit local kids.
Specifically, we’re asking for you to join us by donating $5 to help send a Parkville Community School 3rd grader in Hartford to the Charity 5K at the Eversource Hartford Marathon on October 13. For $15, you can send one student to the event! There are two ways to celebrate:
Donate online HERE and run anywhere you want on June 6. You’ll be emailed the link for a downloadable bib to show that you supported sending a student to the race!
- Take a selfie with your downloadable bib, share it with us on social or email it by June 7 for a chance to win a 25th running prize package (race entry, training shirt and commemorative pint glass).
Join us for a free fun run at Thomas Hooker Brewery at Colt on Global Running Day, June 6. Make your $5 donation online here or on-site on June 6, you’ll get a special event bib customized by Parkville students (limit 100)
- Guided group 5K runs along the river in Hartford (various pace groups) starting at 6:00 pm
- Delicious, ice cold Hooker beer and food for purchase after the fun run
- Preview NEW 25th running training shirt and commemorative pint glass, available for purchase
- Raffles for free race entry, shirts and glasses
- Take a selfie at the event, share it with us on social or email it by June 7 for another chance to win a 25th running prize package (race entry, training shirt and commemorative pint glass).
Plus – throughout Global Running Day, get 30% off of all Eversource Hartford Marathon race merchandise in our SHOP, just use code MARATHON30 at checkout.
Thank you for supporting local kids and joining our Global Running Day celebrations!
Together, we can help kids to be healthier, happier and become lifelong runners.